Getting this new year started in the right way seems to be a bit of a challenge. Raise your hand if you’ve had the same experience:
1. Make new year’s resolutions
2. Return from vacation ready to take on world and put resolutions into play
3. Get sick upon returning from vacation
4. Try to put resolutions into play again and still a couple of days early despite sick (bonus points) only to realize that everyone else is still on vacation
5. Start to feel better, but now everything is closed for actual holiday (even thwarted trying to get brunch and groceries)
6. Decide that January 2nd is the perfect day to get things started, but find that really nothing is fully functional until the 6th.
7. Notice that motivation to take over the world is already waning
That’s pretty much been me. Has it been you, too? Don’t get me wrong, I’m still fully committed to getting to work on those resolutions/lists/goals. But that rejuvenated, inspired feeling I had over vacation is getting hard to maintain in the face of the road blocks. So, I’m looking for suggestions on how to keep the motivation levels up for the next few days. Or should I just postpone world engagement until Monday, and finish off the holiday snacks?
4 comments on “Getting the New Year Started”