The Wonderful World of Kate
- If I’m faced with the option of doing anything in the world, I sit down and watch television because having all the options are almost as paralyzing as having none.
- When trying to decide between cleaning and reading a book, I will always choose reading a book (even if people are coming over to my apartment). In fact, I seem to be choosing “reading a book” constantly these days. And it’s kind of awesome.
- If Judgment Day really is Saturday, I think my V (original mini-series and final battle) viewing event is oddly appropriate. However, I have a date with Mitch Pileggi the next day that I’d rather not miss—and by “date”, I mean attending a charity event where he is the guest of honor.
- I spend a fortune on local phone, long distance and cell and 99% of the time I would prefer to send an email rather than call someone… even people I know. In fact, I think I’m developing a phone phobia. The idea of calling a stranger for any reason makes my heart start to race. I’m not sure why. I guess I feel like I might be bothering them. I think we can safely rule out telemarketer as my next job.
- A friend suggested that without a structure and set plan for my year off, I will fall into a perpetual vacation mode that will go by very quickly. He is definitely correct. Alas, this has not yet prompted me to make that plan. Frankly, I’m not sure my brain has adjusted to the idea that I’m not going back to my old job, to my old life. Part of me is ready to heave that sigh of resignation and find my security card for the trip back to the office.
- With all the time in the world, I still avoid going to the grocery store. I do love being able to do laundry whenever the mood strikes me.
- I keep wondering how I can make a living wage by sitting at home and opining. I know there are people who do it, but thus far, no one has sent me a check. Rude!
- New shows are staffing with writers at this exact moment. Hands up if you think I should be one of them. Hands up if you think I’m better suited to solitary manifesto writing. Yeah, that’s what I thought.
- I spent a terrific afternoon at the beach with friends (I do so have them) to celebrate a birthday (thankfully, not mine). The day was splendiferous. The sunburn I have right now is slightly less so given that only one side of my face is red, as though only part of my personality is chagrined about something. I’m not sure I want quite this obvious of a manifestation of my dual nature. Best to keep that bit a secret.
- I feel a deep, personal attachment to the animated Lemon in the new McD’s ads. He seems so bummed out that lemons have become synonymous with a whole slew of negative things. That’s right—I want to give an animated lemon a hug. Go me. I haven’t lost my mind at all.
- My apartment has no sense of style. It barely has a sense of functionality. How do I get those HGTV people to come and suddenly make this place look like a comfortable showroom? And if that’s not possible, how do I get someone to come over and help me move the TV? What about that charming Emily girl? She seems like fun, and really unlikely to make fun of me.
- Oh, Castle. You need to air all year. I know it would probably kill your actors, writers, directors, producers and crew, but let’s think about me for a minute.
And those are the fascinating musings of Kate on an average Wednesday night.
4 comments on “The Wonderful World of Kate”